Menu Of Fees For Tenants

Habitat Oldham offers a transparent menu of pricing. There are no hidden add on fees.

Our fees are as follows

A Single application will cost £82.50 plus Vat £16.50, Total £99.00
A Joint application will cost £165.00 plus Vat £33.00, Total £198.00
A Guarantor reference will cost £82.50 plus Vat £16.50, Total £99.00 (compulsory for tenants in receipt of housing benefit or a bad credit history ie ccjs or bankruptcy)

A bond is taken on all properties, equal to 5 weeks rent.

Late rent charge of £29.17 plus £5.83 total £35.00 is payable on late rent payments.

If you request to leave a fixed term tenancy early, a cancellation fee of £225.00 plus £45.00 Vat, Total £270.00 is payable and you are responsible for all terms and conditions under the tenancy until a new tenancy is agreed. This is subject to agreement by your landlord.


Before making application you must note the following points:

  • You must be over 21 years old
  • You will need to provide residential addresses for the last 3 years
  • You will need to provide photographic ID (i.e. passport or drivers licence)
  • Must have a National Insurance Number
  • You must earn 2.5 times the rent (Gross before any deductions for tax & N.I.)
  • If you are self employed you may need your last 3 years accounts or a reference from your accountant
  • Retired applicants must have proof of pension income from your pension provider
  • Disclose any adverse credit history such as CCJ’s or bankruptcy

If you are concerned that you will not meet the above criteria then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your personal situation/requirements in the strictest confidence.

You may need to provide a guarantor if you do not meet the earnings criteria or if you are unemployed and/or receiving housing benefit. The guarantor must meet the criteria above with the following additional conditions.

  • Guarantor must be a UK Property owner and resident in the UK
  • Guarantor must have income of 3 times the rent

Housing Benefit Tenant

Please note if you will be receiving housing benefit you will require a guarantor (see above) who will be required to sign an indemnity guarantee and the leases.